I love Halloween. I hosted a party last night and I thought I would share pictures and recipes of all the treats I made! Enjoy!
Apple Cider Recipe (Easy)
I can’t say that I made the apple cider from scratch. I bought organic apple juice (2L), added a 1/4 cup of brown sugar and then added 6 large teaspoons of a mulled spiced mixture I got for Christmas last year. Once all the ingredients were together in a large pot, I let it simmer all day while I prepared for the party. It is best to serve it hot! It is an easy recipe if you can get your hands on some mulled spice mixture. If you can’t, take a look through Pinterest until you find one that is suitable for your taste buds!
- 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels
- 30-50 Caramel Squares (I get the wrapped ones in the bulk section)
- Follow the instructions on the popcorn bag (microwave or stove top).
- Put the popcorn in a oven safe bowl and then let sit in the oven on low while you make the caramel (to keep it crisp and warm!)
- Melt the Caramel in a glass bowl (to keep it from burning; use a double boiler). You may be able to melt the caramel in the microwave (I don’t own one so I had to use a double boiler).
- Remove caramel from heat and let cool for a minute.
- Remove popcorn from oven and slowly pour the warm caramel over the popcorn.
- With buttered hands (yes, butter your hands), gently mix the popcorn and caramel together. MAKE SURE IT IS COOL (don’t burn yourself).
- As the caramel cools, you’ll be able to press the popcorn together to form balls.